SAFER DRIVERS COURSE for LEARNERS
Participants who complete the Safer Drivers Course for learners will receive a bonus of 20 hours credit recorded in their learner driver log book reducing the total logbook requirement from 120 to 100 hrs.
The Course is a combination of theoretical and practical training for under 25 year-old learner drivers who have completed 50 hours of log book driving hours. The Course involves two Modules:
- Module One: A three-hour facilitated group discussion on how to manage risks on the road. This will involve a maximum of twelve participants and will be delivered by a facilitator.
- Module Two: A two-hour in-vehicle coaching session to develop low-risk driving strategies. This will involve two participants and a coach. NOTE: whilst we make every effort to schedule Module Two sessions within 2 weeks of Module One this is not always possible. Please book the Safer Drivers Course for Learners at least 1 month in advance of a licence test.
The Course costs $140 which includes both Module One and Two. Courses are generally held fortnightly in the Byron Shire.
IMPORTANT COURSE NOTES:
- BYS is an RMS Accredited Course Provider;
- Learner drivers must have recorded 50 logbook hours before starting the Course
- Participants may enjoy completing the Course with a friend particularly for the in-vehicle session.
NOTE: individual participants will be matched with a suitable partner for Module 2
- A dual control vehicle is provided for the in-car coaching session.
- Both Modules need to be completed to gain 20 hrs credit in the learner drivers logbook.
- Watch a promo video click here. The Course has been developed in conjunction with the Centre for Road Safety;
For more information please call Stephanie on 66857777 or email@example.com
Wednesday 21st June - 4.30 to 7.30pm
Wednesday 12th July - 4.30 to 7.30pm
Byron Youth Service Inc.
ABN: 76 939 913 491
Ph: 02 6685 7777